Monday, September 20, 2010

Dinging - it's a weekend thing

I dinged several times this weekend - but two were more important.  In RL, I dinged 42 on Friday.  Yes, 42.  I know, I know... old for a gamer - never mind an MMORPG fanatic, but it's true.  I'm a girl too.  We are on the internet you know!  My husband made sure I had two wonderful days of celebration and he fed my NCIS addiction by getting me two season on DVD!

The other important dingage just happened.  My druid, Zinaria, finally hit 80.  To say it has been a long trip would be an understatement.  She was the second toon I ever created to level - Rionach, my warlock, was the first.  Her 'birth' predates AQ40 and Naxx's existence in the game.  I just never got around to leveling her.  First, I was too busy with Rio, then I was too busy leveling Fi and Eib on a different server.  Zinaria was an Alleria baby - and the last toon I moved from that realm.  Rio was first.

I loved playing my priest so much - then the shaman - that I didn't dream I would also love the druid as much as I do.  I don't care if I have tree limbs or bear paws - I enjoy being a druid.  Out of all the classes I have played - and she is now my fifth, OMG FIFTH!, 80 - I have to say, I think the druid is the most versatile of the bunch.  The Shaman is close -but you can't tank with them, so I'll go for the druid. 

Tonight to ding 80, I had to do a random dungeon without my pocket healer, Ivanohvah aka Gariath.  It was the first time anyone else had healed me, and it was an experience.  Again, I want to say that Ivanohvah has turned out to be a great healer.  The healer I was with this time was a disc priest - and well, I'll take my holy one any day.  Speaking of Fi, if Ivanohvah ever gets leveled up, I can't wait to heal a raid with her.

I don't know if any of the nice people who helped me along the way with my tanking will ever read this - but I want to tell Azyrth thanks for teaching me how to hold and maintain aggro.  After he and I chatted about how to build it, I did so much better!  Stoutporter from Gurubashi realm helped teach my how to LOS pull, and stressed how important it is for a druid.  Another nice patient player. 

I have found most everyone in my pug runs to be nice and for the most part patient.  I have also discovered that tanking makes you grumpy!  Oh my, was I a grumpy bear at times.  Aggro-stealing dps hos!  I swear they won't give a bear a second to get aggro on a multiple-mob pulls!  Hell, I'd settle for one second - just one!  so I could hit several buttons before all hell breaks lose.

I'm tired now, and it's time for bed.  In other news, I beat my husband in Fantasy Football tonight.  Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Fidelma! Hopefully I'll be following soon enough by hitting 80. My Druid is actually still only ~60, but I made a Shaman that's now 73, and I have a Warrior/Mage in the 20-30 range. I've just been having a lot of fun trying a bunch of characters. x]

    -Scykoh

    ReplyDelete